Our Covid-19 Responsible Re-Opening Plan
EDMC is a Safer Studio™
EDMC follows the More Than Just Great Dancing!® Safer Studio Guidelines which prioritize a hierarchy of safety and wellness measures including:
- Wellness checks for staff
- Frequent hand hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Minimizing mixing and mingling via physical distancing practices
- Curricular and facility adjustments
- Student safety guidelines
- Gradual re-opening in line with local health orders
- Continuous parent communications.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
We have increased our cleaning frequencies and sanitation procedures in high traffic areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as doors, barres, floors, counters, media equipment, and restrooms.
Dance rooms are disinfected daily!
Wellness Checks for Staff
EDMC is a Youth Protection Advocates in Dance® Certified Studio. Additionally, all staff members will receive regular and continuing safety training as it relates to preventing community spread of COVID-19.
All staff members are temperature screened before each shift. Staff must also review our health screening questions (see below).
Staff members are required to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms potentially related to COVID-19.
Wellness Checks for Students
- Parents and students are required to review our health screening questions(see below), which are posted at every entrance to our facilities.
- Students must remain home if they, or a member of their household, have symptoms potentially related to COVID-19.
- Students are required to stay home if they, or a member of their household, have tested positive for COVID-19 or have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 until they receive an all-clear from their health care provider.
- Based on state and local regulations we are considered an Indoor Youth Services Business. All staff and students are currently required to wear masks in and around our facilities, including during dance instruction.
- All staff members must wash their hands immediately upon entering our facilities and wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently throughout their shifts, including between each class.
- In addition to our restroom facilities, a portable sink has been provided outside of our main entrance for student use.
- Hand sanitizer is provided in multiple locations throughout our facilities.
- Students will sanitize their hands both as they enter and as they exit their classes.
- Hand washing posters are posted within restrooms and with our outdoor sink.
Phased Reopening and Continuous Communication
- EDMC has implemented a red-yellow-green communication system to quickly communicate with parents and students. In red, all classes are conducted online. In yellow some classes are permitted in-studio with restrictions. In green, all classes are running in-studio with safety protocols in place. This red-yellow-green communication can be found on our EDMC Family Facebook group and in our studio windows, and right here, in our most up to date Covid Re-Opening Update!
Facility and Curricular Adjustments
- The water cooler will not be available to students; students must bring their own, clearly labeled, water bottles.
- No food allowed inside the classroom or lobby.
- Curricular adjustments have been made to eliminate prop use, hand-holding, partnering, and hands-on corrections to reduce contact exposure risk.
- Class sizes have been modified to reflect physical distancing requirements.
- Classes are shortened by 5 minutes to allow for sanitization of the room and equipment.
- Outer doors to each dance room will remain open during class for improved airflow.
- Students will enter and exit the main dance rooms through different doors.
- Parents may escort dancers to class and wait for them outside at dismissal. They are encouraged to remain in their cars during class to allow space for students to line up for class around the perimeter of the building.
- Parents who choose to observe class through our windows should observe our physical distancing markers and remember that safe distancing outside helps us keep classes going inside.
- We encourage all students to use the restroom at home before coming to class.
- Bathrooms will be limited for emergencies and are cleaned frequently.
Our Classes Fully Tech-Enabled!
Our studios are tech-enabled and ready to turn any class into a hybrid (in-person & virtual) at the same time! If your student needs to be home for any reason, call or text us to set up a hybrid (Zoom) class. Your children can dance safely at home, while still seeing their friends and teacher in real time!
As we navigate the road ahead, our goal is to remain open and dancing-Safely! Please help us achieve our goal by doing your part to screen your children before sending them to dance. Please dance at home if you are awaiting test-results, have been in close-contact with a positive case, or think you may be experiencing symptoms.