Next Level Dance. Perform. Repeat.
2018-2019 Performing Group Auditions:
- Auditions will be held on Tuesday, June 11th (current grade/level)
- 4:00 - 4:30 K-1st
- 4:30 - 6:00 Beg/L1 Jazz or Ballet
- 7:00 - 8:00 L2 Jazz or Ballet
- 8:00 - 9:00 L3+ Jazz or Ballet
- Call Backs, Tap & Acro Auditions Saturday, June 15th
Performing Group FAQs
What are Performing Groups?
Performing Groups are a team of dancers at Expressions that perform at community events and compete at 2-3 dance competitions a season. Being a member of Performing Groups at Expressions builds a dancer's self-confidence and develops their performance experience through a higher level of dance training.
Who can audition for Expressions Performing Groups?
To audition for Performing Groups you're dancer must be at least 5 years old by September 1st, 2019. There are performance opportunities for a range of skill levels. Dancers must be able to stay engaged and focused during class and rehearsal.
How will being a member of Performing Groups benefit my child?
Performing Group Dancers: Build Self Confidence, personal responsibility, and teamwork skills. They have leadership opportunities and experience a higher level of dance training. Our performing group dancers set and achieve goals, and give back to the local community.
What is the commitment?
We have two commitment tracks for our Performing Group Program. Within each track, you can select how many Performing Group dances you would like your dancer to commit to. After auditions dancers will be placed into Performing Group dances based on their age and ability level.
Track 1: Performing Ensemble Ages 5+
Description: This track is for dancers who want to be a part of our Performing Group Program, but at a lower commitment level.
- Performing Ensemble Members are required to take three classes (Ballet, Jazz, and LTT - Leaps, Turns & Technique) per week in addition to their weekly Performing Group Rehearsals. They can be in a maximum of two Performing Group dances including the Production Number. Performing Ensemble members will attend community events and 2 local competitions.
Track 2: Performing Company (Beginning Level +)
Description: This track is for dancers who want to be a part of our Performing Group Program at a higher commitment level.
- Performing Company Members must be in at least Beginning Level. Beginning Level dancers must take 3.5 hours per week in addition to their weekly Performing Group Rehearsals. Graded Tech Level dancers must be on "Dedication Dancer 1" and take a minimum of 5 hours per week in addition to their weekly Performing Group Rehearsals.
- Performing Company Members must commit to a minimum of two dances and have the opportunity to be in up to five dances including Production. Performing Company Members also have the option to do a Solo/Duo/Trio and will attend additional competitions and/or conventions.
Are you a current team member?
Make sure you sign up for the Team App for current news and dates.
Interested? Fill out this form and we will be in touch.